What you need to know -
How to access Turnitin:
- Open Turnitin via https://www.turnitin.com/login_page.asp?lang=en_us
- Select the "Sign in with Google" option.
- Enter/select your "Staff Email Account" when prompted.
Instructional on how to navigate the Turnitin application:
- Training on Turnitin Similarity Checker (Recorded Session)
How to address a paper that has been captured/saved to Turnitin Repository:
- Whenever a paper is submitted for Similarity checking, a unique ID is automatically generated for that instance.
- This Paper ID is key to locating/identifying & removing a paper that has been captured/saved to the Turnitin repository.
- The Paper ID can be found within the "Assignment Inbox" interface, where records of papers submitted for similarity checking are listed.
- These records should never be deleted. Without the paper ID, it is impossible to remove a captured paper from the Turnitin repository.
- Upon realization of such an incident, contact your Turnitin administrator with the Paper ID or IDs requesting for removal.
- See the image below for the Paper ID location (highlighted area).
- Papers are captured/saved to the Turnitin repository as a result of incorrect assignment settings on the Instructors account.
- The instructor should avoid submitting further works for similarity checking until these settings have been rectified. Consult a Turnitin administrator for assistance.