Clearance Procedure for Submission of Soft Copy Theses / Projects / Dissertations
- Graduating student forwards a duly signed PDF version of their project/thesis and dissertation and other relevant documents to their respective Deans.
- Dean forwards verified documents to Graduate Studies Secretariat and in return, the Secretariat forwards the same to the Library through email@example.com for printing and binding.
- The Library Bindery raises invoice which contains payment details, bank details, paying charges, and emails to the student to pay for printing and binding services.
- Students are encouraged to use Mpesa payment mode by using their personal phone numbers for ease of identification.
- Student Scans and forwards a copy of the payment evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Library Bindery confirms payment, clears students for binding services, and forwards scanned copies of the clearance form and payment receipt to the Graduate Studies Secretariat, Dean, and the Student.
- Library prints and binds copies of thesis/project/dissertation, distribute to departments, and uploads the soft copy to the Digital repository.
- Original receipts can be collected from Library Bindery at Jomo Kenyatta Memorial Library (JKML) Main Campus after clearance.
- All bound copies shall be retained by the University and students who require additional copies can place a request to the Library upon payment.
Printing & Binding Charges are as follows:
- Four (4) copies for PhD theses @Kshs.3, 000 per copy totalling to Kshs.12,000.00
- Four (4) copies for Masters by Thesis @Kshs.1, 950 per copy totalling to Kshs.7.800.00
- Two (2) copies for Postgraduate Diploma and Masters by projects/dissertation @Kshs.1,450.00 per copy totalling to Kshs.2,900.00
Kindly note that all bound copies shall be retained by the University. Any student who requires an extra copy or copies can place a request to the Library after paying for printing and binding charges.
Payment shall be done through either of the following modes -
- LIPA NA MPESA mode. Students using this mode should ensure they use their personal MPESA account and pay by Buy goods & service – Till Number 807313.
- Deposit to Absa Bank. Account Name: UNES Corporate Account | Branch: Westland Branch | Account Number: 0732255303. The narrative should be the name of the student and their Registration Number.
- Student Scans and forwards a copy of the payment evidence to email@example.com
- Bindery confirms payment, clears students for binding services, forwards scanned copies of the clearance form and payment receipt to the Graduate Studies Secretariat, Dean and the Student.
- The Dean initiates the clearance of the student for him/her to seek clearance from various departments.