Library Information Products
The Library core mandate is to provide quality information services that will empower the University in carrying out its core activities of teaching, learning, and research and community services/consultancy.
The library has therefore acquired the following various information products to support the university core activities:
- Print Books of 243,737 Titles totaling to 423,991 Volumes. The bibliographic details of the books can be accessed through the Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) using this link: http://library.uonbi.ac.ke/iguana/www.main.cls?surl=Ml. The print books are multi-disciplinary covering the following subject area: Law, Humanities and Social Sciences, Business, Applied and Physical Sciences and Education and serves all Campuses, Schools, Colleges and Institutes.
- Electronic Books and Journals that include both subscribed and open access electronic information resources. The number of Copies is as follows;
- 254,611 Subscribed electronic journals and Rooks
- Over 104,800 UoN Digital Repository Resources
- 1,182,849 Open Access Books and Journals
The electronic resources are also multi-disciplinary in nature, covering the following subject: Law, Humanities and Social Sciences, Business, Applied and Physical Sciences and Education among others. The following is the link to the publications:
- Electronic Journals: https://uonlibrary.uonbi.ac.ke/electronic-journals
- Electronic Books: https://uonlibrary.uonbi.ac.ke/electronic-books
- Digital Repository: http://erepository.uonbi.ac.ke/
- Open Access Books, Journals and data sets: https://uonlibrary.uonbi.ac.ke/basic-page/open-access-resources and https://uonlibrary.uonbi.ac.ke/basic-page/open-data-sources
- Local Research Publications uploaded in the University Digital Repository include Journal Publications, Conference Proceedings/Presentations, Books/Book Chapters, theses and dissertations among others covering the year from 1970s to date. The content is over 104,800 documents. The following is the link to the publications: http://erepository.uonbi.ac.ke/
- Other information products include audio and video discs found in various libraries and the local newspapers (Nation and Standard): https://epaper.nationmedia.com/Kenya and https://newsstand.standardmedia.co.ke/user/login