Welcome to the University of Nairobi Library Department
Here at the Library department, we are committed to providing quality service to our patrons and aiding them in accessing relevant information resources for teaching, learning, research, and consultancy. To this end, we have invested in our staff and key innovations in order to enhance the Library experience.
The Library system boasts professional staff who are well trained and experienced in academic information management. Friendly Library staff are always available for consultation.
The Library & Information Services Department comprises the Main Library, Jomo Kenyatta Memorial Library (JKML), and fourteen (14) branch libraries listed below:
- Faculty of Agriculture & Veterinary Medicine Library, Upper Kabete Campus
- Faculty of Arts, Social Sciences & Engineering Library, Main Campus
- Faculty of Science & Technology Library (FST), Chiromo Campus
- Faculty of Health Sciences Library (FHS), Kenyatta National Hospital
- Faculty of Education Library (FEd), Kikuyu Campus
- Faculty of Business & Management Library (FBM), Lower Kabete Campus
- Faculty of Law Library (FoL), Parklands Campus
- Faculty of Built Environment & Design (FBD)
- Institute of Development Studies Library (IDS), Main Campus
- Institute of Anthropology, Gender & African Studies Library (IAGAS), Museum Hill
- Population Studies & Research Institute Library (PSRI), Main Campus
- Kenya Science Library, Ngong Road
- Mombasa Campus Library
- Kisumu Campus Library
- Mahatma Gandhi Graduate Library (MGGL). IDS & PSRI are also housed here.
Jomo Kenyatta Memorial Library (JKML) caters to the faculties of Humanities & Social Sciences (CHSS), as well as Architecture & Engineering.
Library operating hours -
- 8 A.M. to 10 P.M. - Monday to Friday
- 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. - Saturdays
- 9 A.M. to 3 P.M. - Sundays (JKML)
Our Library facilities are open to members of the University Community (students, staff & alumni). Non-University members with valid study and research needs will also be admitted upon official request.