The Library has organized its 9th Open Access & Academic Integrity week. This gives the Library an opportunity to interact with stakeholders for service feedback and to market its services. This is a university-wide occasion that aims to increase awareness on digital library and the importance of academic integrity to students, staff and other stakeholders. The event encourages the university fraternity to take the opportunity to join together, take action, and raise awareness around how open access and sharing of research information enables climate justice.
This important two (2) days event is scheduled to be held from 17th to 18th November 2022 starting from 8:30 AM on both days. The theme of the event will be “Open for Climate Justice” borrowed from the theme of the International Global Open Access Week 2022.
The event will be blended i.e., physically on-site exhibitions at Jomo Kenyatta Memorial Library, Main Campus and interactive presentation sessions to be conducted virtually, bringing on board audiences from all the faculties of the University.
Objectives of Open Access & Academic Integrity Week
- To enhance users’ knowledge of the digital library and open access information resources in support of learning, teaching, research and the global climate justice awareness.
- To re-emphasize the trajectory towards ethical scholarly writing practices.
- Showcasing information Resources and Bindery services.
The key subject areas to be covered will include -
- Increasing research visibility
- Zotero referencing & citation tool
- Publishing in high impact journals
- Dimensions of plagiarism
- Access to electronic resources
- Bindery services
- Archival services
- Library services & facilities for PWDs
All are welcome. Click HERE to register.