MGGL is an ultra-modern Library inaugurated in 2019 that caters specifically to postgraduate students at the Master’s and Doctoral levels, as well as academic staff.
The Library offers the following research support services:
- One-on-one consultations with skilled research librarians.
- Print and web-based information finding.
- Education and training in library emerging trends.
- Bibliographic management software support to ease the management and compilation of references.
- Printing and photocopy services
- Training and sensitization on research publishing, institutional repositories, and other methods of research dissemination.
It features a special collection that comprises of:
- Inaugural lectures and Citations;
- Spanish books;
- Ph.D. theses only, new titles are added frequently depending on the number of graduates;
- Social workbooks (PROSOWO);
- School of Journalism books (SOJ);
- Thai embassy information resources.
Other information materials include
- Research methods books;
- General Collection books;
- Independent Research Collection (ISP).
Printed and electronic journals. Electronic journals are available online through the university website
The Unit is manned by professionals who assist users with research queries as well as provide information literacy training and Document Delivery Service that seeks to empower the information users with skills to access, evaluate and use the available information resources. Other services provided by the section includes;
- Study space with a sitting capacity of 500 customers;
- Answering of research queries;
- Training on e-resources;
- Printing services.
KEY SUBJECT GUIDES
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Overview to Open Access Information Resources
Open Access Resources & UoN Digital Repository
MAHATMA GANDHI LIBRARY STAFF
- Alice Okongo
- Aggrey Elegwa
- Martin Ndambiri
- Regina Mutonga
- Vivian Ondeche