The Director, Library & Information Services (LIS) led a team of Librarians in conducting a scheduled Library orientation for new in-take of undergraduate students of 2023/2024 academic year. The orientation event was hosted at LT101 on 1st floor of the University Of Nairobi Towers. Over 700 new students admitted into various Courses in Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences (FASS) and Faculty of Engineering attended the occasion.
During the session the first years were introduced in details on library issues including the enlisted below -
- University of Nairobi Library system, facilities and services.
- Information resources collection, organization/arrangements and retrieval procedures.
- The Library website, its content, important links and access processes/road-map
- An overview of electronic resources (E-Journal & E-books) and Digital Repository.
- Introduction to various library sections namely East Africana, Archives and Bindery.
During the event, two invited 4th year students shared their personal experiences in regards to how they have continued to benefit as a result of utilizing Library resources. They encouraged the new students to make maximum use of the library hybrid Information Resources.
After the plenary session which was also addressed by all the 3 Deputies of the Director, LIS, the students were accorded a guided-tour to the physical facilities of Jomo Kenyatta Memorial Library (JKML).