- ELECTRONIC RESOURCES
- COLLEGE LIBRARIES
- CHSS Libraries
- CEES Libraries
- CBPS Library
- CAVS Library
- CHS Library
- CAE Library
- NEWS & EVENTS
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get admission to the Library?
You need a library card in the form of student ID, staff ID or outside user’s ID.
- Who can become a member of the Library?
Should be a member of the University community, either a student or staff of the University. Members of the UoN alumni are accepted. Others must seek permission from the Vice Chancellor
- What are the library opening hours?
Mon to Fri
8.00a.m. to 10.00 pm for all college and other libraries.
8.00a.m to 5.00 p.m.
Institute libraries are open Mon to Fri 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Libraries are generally open for reading between 10.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.
- What are the borrowing rules and privileges?
Under graduates & non academic staff 6 bks for 14 days not renewable. Post graduates and academic staff 10 bks for 1 month renewable once.
- What must I do when library material is damaged or lost?
Pay replacement cost or replace with the same material.
- What are the overdue fines?
3/- per day for normal loans and 10/- per hour for reserve/short loan material.
- How do I extend the loan period of Library material?
Present the material and your ID to the library staff at issue desk
- How do I return Library materials?
To the issue desk for discharging
- How do I renew Library materials?
See bullet 4 above
- What training is offered by the Library
- Information for users and staff, orientation for all new students
- The library is a teaching centre for KNEC diploma in Library and Information Studies
- Library staff teach Information skills component of communication skills course to all 1st year undergraduate students.